About the company
Octave’s mission is to create a new standard for mental healthcare delivery, one that is accessible to more people and sustainable for providers. We are broadening access to high quality mental health services that is measurement-based and insurance funded. Now more than ever, we are looking to serve communities dealing with the rising public health challenge of addressing mental health needs. Octave is VC-backed and was founded in 2018 with footprints in New York and California, as well as virtually nationwide. We are expanding our beautiful practices throughout New York and California, offering telehealth and also clinic-based services.
About the role
Octave is hiring Licensed Clinicians to work within an organizational structure to provide high quality behavioral health care to our clients. Octave Clinicians will join a diverse clinical team in providing therapy in a collaborative, client-centered, evolving (we’re almost 3 years old!) environment. Octave Clinicians demonstrate strong clinical service thinking, informed by evidence-informed therapies. It is our effort to drive quality access and customize mental health treatment plans and service delivery for our clients. Our salaried Clinician role provides minimum client-facing hour standards, schedule flexibility, and benefits.
Octave Part-time status =16 or 19 Individual Client Visits/Week
You will make an impact because you are:
- Skilled and excited to provide evidence informed therapy to a diverse range of clients,
- Willing to integrate all kinds of data (qualitative, quantitative, objective, subjective) to inform case conceptualization and treatment planning,
- Show understanding and demonstrated knowledge of culturally responsiveness and culturally competent care as well as a willingness to commit to growth and continual learning as a part of your Clinical Journey,
- Actively engage in our “One Octave” community by contributing to case consultation, supporting your clinical team members, participation in team building and development opportunities, and open peer collaboration, providing constructive clinical feedback ensuring top-notch clinical care,
- A collaborator, willing to work well with other providers internally, and acting as an external ambassador for the organization,
- Exceptionally proficient at providing high quality customer service to external stakeholders as needed (e.g. psychiatry and primary care physicians)
- Passionate about serving clients, providing the highest quality care and innovative service delivery
You are a good fit if you:
- Have a passion for improving mental healthcare outcomes and expanding access to behavioral mental healthcare
- Want to be part of a team and employed by a company that is focused on expanding access
- Have a strong foundation and belief in evidence based-practice
- Believe that strong case conceptualization is a key tenet of quality therapy
- Are open to treating all types of clients with different presentations and cultural backgrounds
- Are flexible and adaptable in your thinking and approach to care
- Take an open-minded approach to learning from your colleagues and other team members
- Are authentic and humanistic, willing to form deep relationships with whole individuals (not just symptoms) in the context of their lives
- Have a track record of respecting others, communicating effectively in matrix organizations and diverse audiences, possess the ability to manage self-care, awareness of different boundaries and modes of operation within an employment relationship (vs contractor or entrepreneur), demonstrating adaptability to change and be resilient when change occurs
- Thrive in a culture of thoughtful feedback and transparency
- Are committed to increasing access to care through Octave’s multiple service channels.
- PsyD, PhD, LMFT, LPCC, LMHC, or LCSW
- Current License in California
- Located in Northern California
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited school of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Marriage, or Family and Child Counseling.
- Must be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Science as an LMFT, LCSW, LMHC or LPCC
- Clinicians are required to maintain appropriate licensure through the California Board of Behavioral Science
- At least 2 years of related post-license clinical experience preferred